The Viper has been synonymous with learning to windsurf for over 17 years. The board of choice of over 200 windsurfing schools worldwide, the Viper is recognised as the most successful beginner windsurfing board of all time.
Every detail has been refined to make the Viper your perfect partner to progression. For beginners the Viper is wide to provide stability, with enough length to keep it tracking comfortably in a straight line. Combine the perfect shape with a softdeck, powerbox fin, daggerboard, carrying handles and a durable construction and the Viper has everything you will need for your first ventures into windsurfing.
But perhaps the biggest strength of the Viper is just how far through the sport it will take you. The Viper isn’t a board you will quickly progress out of. Thanks to the retractable daggerboard, long mast track, outboard footstrap positions and sleek pintail design, the Viper is a board that will accompany you as far as you want to take it. Full speed planing and carve gybes are well within the capabilities of the Viper.
So if you love the look of windsurfing but don’t know where to start, start with the Viper. It will be your perfect partner for learning and much more beyond!
- Softdeck makes the Viper forgiving and takes away the pain
- Retractable daggerboard makes the board stable in lightwinds and can be retracted into the board for high winds and planing performance
- Multiple footstrap settings for great versatility as you progress
- Sleek pintail makes it easy to master the gybe
- Carrying handles for easy transportation
- A long mast track ensures the Viper offers maximum range as your level improves
- Powerbox allows larger fins to be used as progress is made towards planing
- Classic Viper graphics or plain white school version
- Great for basics as well as progression
- Durable High Resistance Skin (HRS) construction
|Model||Volume (L)||Width (cm)||Length (cm)||Weight* (kg)||Fittings||Sailsize|
|Viper 75||160||75||275||12.5||Power Box / Fanatic Viper 34 cm + Daggerboard||< 10.0 m²|
|Viper 80||190||80||280||13.7||Power Box / Fanatic Viper 34 cm + Daggerboard||< 10.0 m²|
|Viper 85||220||85||285||14.2||Power Box / Fanatic Viper 34 cm + Daggerboard||< 10.0 m²|
|Viper 91||240||91||290||15.9||Power Box / Fanatic Viper 34 cm + Daggerboard||< 10.0 m²|
|Viper 75 School Version||160||75||275||12.5||Power Box / Fanatic Viper 34 cm + Daggerboard||< 10.0 m²|
|Viper 80 School Version||190||80||280||13.7||Power Box / Fanatic Viper 34 cm + Daggerboard||< 10.0 m²|
|Viper 85 School Version||220||85||285||14.2||Power Box / Fanatic Viper 34 cm + Daggerboard||< 10.0 m²|
|Viper 91 School Version||240||91||290||15.9||Power Box / Fanatic Viper 34 cm + Daggerboard||< 10.0 m²|
*Weight tolerances of ± 6% (HRS ± 8%) possible.
HIGH RESISTANCE SKIN (HRS)
High Resistance composite technology is a durable construction for everyday use. A thick, durable outer skin gives the hull maximum strength, as well as making it ding and impact resistant. Strategic use of fibre reinforcements ensure adequate stiffness. In combination with the user-friendly EVA deck, HRS can be seen on the standard Gecko, as well as the Viper / Ripper ranges.